Mane Movers offers flexible hire at competitive rates for use throughout the UK.
The box includes insurance for drivers aged 25 – 75 for their personal use. Cover can be arranged for younger drivers (Age 22-24) and for travel within Europe for an additional fee.
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required by online bank payment or cheque to confirm ALL bookings.
Due to new legislation, all bookings must provide the paper part of your driving licence obtained online here. You will need your National Insurance number and Driving Licence number to obtain this.
PLEASE PRINT OFF YOUR DETAILS, INCLUDING THE CATEGORY OF VEHICLES WHICH YOU CAN DRIVE & PENALTIES AND DISQUALIFICATIONS. THIS INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THE TOP LINE OF THE DVLA SITE.
It is the hire’s responsibility to ensure that all horses travelling in our horsebox are fit and well to travel and all vaccinations are up to date.
What do you need to bring to collect the vehicle?
- BOTH PARTS of your driving licence including photocard licence AND a printout from the DVLA website here. If a new style photo licence is unavailable, please bring your passport
- Drivers must have no more than 2 endorsements on their licence and a maximum of 6 Penalty points
- Signed & completed copies of our Terms & Conditions and Hirers Questionnaire forms
- Two Utility bills/Bank statements with your name and address & dated within the last three months
What else do I need to know?
- Passports must accompany all horses during transit
- A £200 cash deposit is taken & this will be refunded if the vehicle is returned in the same condition
- Deductions will be made for fuel, late return, damage, cleaning etc where necessary
- A poo picker, brush, water container & bucket & mounting step are included in the box
- Breakdown Recovery Insurance is provided by Equine Rescue Services
- Your car can be parked at the collection address and this is done so at your own risk
- Horses are not insured for transport with Mane Movers and it is the hirers responsibility to insure their horses whilst in transit
- Insurance cover is not provided for Hire and Reward
- The horsebox will be supplied with a half full tank of diesel, which must be returned at the same level
- The horsebox will be fully cleaned using a Defra approved disinfectant prior to each hire and must be returned in a clean condition. A charge will be made if the box requires cleaning upon its return
To protect driver and horse safety, this box does not go out in Ice, Snow or Gale force winds.